Let’s discuss some legitimate concerns many users have about WordPress page builder plugins and find out how Tailor take cares of that.
🤔 Concerns about WordPress page builders:
From our users and the WordPress community, we heard following concerns/questions a lot.
- Can I use WordPress default editor along with the page builder?
- Can I edit an old page/post content using your page builder?
- Can I access and edit page builder generated content using WordPress default editor?
- What happens if I disable/delete your page builder? Will my content be preserved?
Let’s see how Tailor handles all that.
1. Can I use WordPress default editor along with Tailor?
YES! Tailor doesn’t block your access to WP editor in any way. Tailor retain the content in WordPress editor nicely with style. You can use WordPress editor alongside with Tailor.
Content within Tailor
Content within WP editor
2. Can I edit an old page/post content using Tailor?
Yes! You can tailor an old page or post (custom post types are also supported). All your old content will be loaded in Tailor within “Content Element” and from there you can edit, add or customize your content easily.
3. Can I access and edit Tailor page builder generated content using WordPress default editor?
Very excited to say Yes for this one. With the latest update of Tailor v1.8.0, we’ve added the ability to edit content within Content elements in the WP editor and have these changes appear within Tailor. This is a huge step ahead toward better content porting and retention in Tailor page builder. This opens up a lot of ease and flexibility to manage and edit your content in either WP editor or using Tailor whichever you prefer and all your changes and updates will retain everywhere.
4. What happens if I disable/delete Tailor page builder? Will my content be preserved?
YES! This is the most important concern raised by many WordPress users who are hesitant to use any page builder plugin because of the content Lock-in issue. Tailor handles it with great care, all your content is preserved even if you disable or delete Tailor page builder. There will be definitely no shortcode hell left behind, and no content (that WordPress supports) will be lost.
👍 Looks Powerful?
So that is a quick analysis and answers to some of the concerns you may have, to use a page builder plugin. When you use Tailor you will for sure find it simple, fast and intuitive. The best part is Tailor is 💯 Free give it a try.
P.S.: If you got another question or concern, please post in the comment.
Also published on Medium.